The international center of Etoys activity maintained by the developers of Etoys.
- One Laptop Per Child - The famous laptop project includes Etoys.
- Viewpoints Research Institute - It represents a synthesis of intuitive and analytical approaches to understanding the world and dealing with it.
- OlPC Chiapas Mexico - This is a small deployment of about 40 laptops to three one-room multigrade rural schools in the forests of Chiapas, Mexico. The project Tecno-Tzotzil won one of the awards of HASTAC's & MacArthur Foundation's Digital Media and Learning Competition. It is implemented by the Graduate School of Education at Tecnológico de Monterrey, Monterrey, México
- Project Ceibal Uruguay - Project Ceibal is in charge of distributing OLPCs in Uruguay.
Dr. Geo by Hilaire Fernandes - Dr Geo is an interactive geometry software. It allows
the construction of interactive geometric figures. This means one can draw geometric figure based on mathematic property but also can
move part of the figure in respect with its properties.
Dr Geo is an educational oriented software. It's an observatory to explore geometry situation in an interactive way in opposition
to figure drawn on a sheet of paper. The user interface has been thing to be simple but efficient for young users. In this idea, Dr Geo
can also handle different languages. It can can be used by mathematic teachers. In a class room to make a show or in a computer class room.
Also the teacher can share Dr Geo with its students.
In spirit, Dr Geo want to be a free education tools for school where freedom and equality is so important.
The latest version can be found at http://directory.fsf.org/drgeo.html.
- Scratch - An adaptation of Etoys at MIT.
- Alice - Etoys in a 3-D world from Carnegie-Mellon.
- Squeak.org - Developers site for Squeak.
- A Development Example for Squeak 3.9
- MSTE - Resources for teaching/learning math, science and technology.
- StarLogo - A graphical programming language and 3-D world.
- NCTM Illuminations - Resources for teaching/learning math.
- Math Forum - Resources for teaching/learning math.
- MATHmaniaCS - Passing on the excitement of mathematics and computer science to kids of all ages.
Technotzonzil - One of the winning projects of the Digital Media and Learning
Competition 2009, an initiative of HASTAC
supported by the MacArthur Foundation
OLPC Puno - The OLPC is being distributed to 396,727
Peruvian children in 2008-2009. Some of these children live in the highlands of Aymara and Quechua Puno. They will have a technological
tool which will bridge the digital divide between rural and urban children.
StarLogo TNG: The Next Generation and the Imagination Toolbox - StarLogo TNG is
The Next Generation of StarLogo modeling and simulation software. While this version holds true to the premise of StarLogo as a tool to
create and understand simulations of complex systems, it also brings with it several advances. Through TNG we hope to:
Lower the barrier to entry for programming with a graphical interface where language elements are represented by colored blocks
that fit together like puzzle pieces.
- Entice more young people into programming through tools that facilitate making games.
- Use 3D graphics to make more compelling and rich games and simulation models.